The second patch for PrestaShop 8.1 is available! This release contains 2 security fixes, over 30 bugs have been fixed and some minor improvements have been integrated.
Version 8.1.2 fixes a few security issues found by security researchers and solves a great number of bugs reported by the community and project’s Quality Assurance team. It also includes some minor improvements, especially for the new product page and new multi-format image generation system.
You can go to the release page to see a full changelog, but it’s worth mentioning a few notable bug fixes and improvements:
- Ensure consistent error message for items in cart with higher than available quantity. Perform availability check after every update.
- When duplicating a product, a notification is now added to the modal to inform the user that they need to edit the friendly URL of the product.
- Automatically update friendly URLs and configure offline shop in new product page.
- Reordering products in categories has been improved. The current behavior is now more intuitive thanks to the improved interface.
- The new product page interface has been greatly improved with a lot of small fixes and improvements.
- The interface for legacy translations produced errors on PHP 8.1, this now is fixed.
- Performance optimization for the new multi-format image generation system has been implemented.
It is recommended to upgrade your shop quickly in order to benefit from these fixes. Of course, don’t forget to backup before. You can upgrade to the latest version using the 1-Click Upgrade module.
This patch benefits greatly from the combined efforts of our community and internal PrestaShop team. A notable mention goes to @Hlavtox, who alone contributed 32 PRs, making up 50% of all merged Pull Requests. While the core work is largely driven by the PrestaShop team, contributions like those from Hlavtox are invaluable in enhancing the project. A big thank you to @Hlavtox and to everyone else who made this patch version that good!
Two security issues have been fixed in this release. Both required back office access to be exploited.
- Uninstall modules from backoffice, even with low rights
- Employee without any access rights can list all installed modules
Contributors to this patch version, from both the project members and the community at large, include:
Amazzing, Benoît Gross, Boris Hermans, Boubker Bribri, Daniel Hlavacek, Fabien Papet, Franck Lefèvre, Ibrahima Sow, idnovate, Jonathan Lelievre, Krystian Podemski, Mathieu Ferment, Matthieu Rolland, Maxime Flasquin, maxime-profileo, Morgan Pichat, Nesrine Abdmouleh, Nicolas Lœuillet, Pablo Borowicz, PrestonBot, Sharak, Thomas Leone, Tofandel
Since version 8.1.2 is a “patch” update, upgrading from previous 8.1.x versions should happen without any issues. As for every upgrade, it’s highly recommended to do a full manual backup beforehand.
If you encounter any problems during the upgrade that, in your opinion, are not caused by third-party modules or modifications used in your shop, submit a bug report.