PrestaShop Core Weekly - Week 30 of 2021
An inside look at the PrestaShop codebase
This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 26th of July to Sunday 1st of August 2021.
Release patch 22.214.171.124 is close to being delivered while Release Candidate 126.96.36.199 is also approaching the launchpad.
We are also preparing a new format for the incoming Public OSS Demo.
You might have noticed some heavy work being done on the developer documentation. We will soon have to maintain multiple versions of the documentation, this requires changes in how we build the site: the content will stay in the Docs repository, while the site itself has been moved to an independent DevDocs site repository. Also, the DevDocs’ theme has also been moved to an independent repository so it can be reused in the near future.
- Socialfollow module: v2.2.0
- Linklist module: v5.0.4
- Google Analytics module: v4.1.0
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 41 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 50 issues have been closed, including 14 fixed issues on the core;
- 39 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 45 pull requests have been closed, including 41 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #25445: Fix wrong service for TranslationExtension. Thank you @kpodemski
- #25435: Update twig to v3, by @atomiix
- #25413: Fix performance issue on Smarty template caching. Thank you @lukaslau
- #25439: BO - Customer View page - Added alert when removing a voucher, by @Progi1984
- #25419: Introduce new product form structure for BO Experimental Product page, by @jolelievre
- #25305: States : Added add button only on listing pages, by @Progi1984
- #25301: Display validation when Enable/Disable webservice keys by bulk actions, by @Progi1984
- #25186: Refacto stock page using TypeScript, by @NeOMakinG
- #25157: Improve admin product list header. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #25139: Fix the path of the “form_warehouse_combination”. Thank you @tups
- #25056: Fix BO order create responsivity. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #24786: Remove unused backoffice footer, by @Progi1984
- #25433: Fix
ObjectModel::add()force_id usage for multilang model. Thank you @jf-viguier
- #24684: Option to override CMS category template. Thank you @kpodemski
Code changes in the ‘1.7.7.x’ branch
- #25449: Build assets on 1.7.7.x , by @matthieu-rolland
- #25447: Update prestashop modules on 1.7.7.x, by @matthieu-rolland
- #25428: Don’t recalculate total when PS_ORDER_RECALCULATE_SHIPPING is 0 and editing a carrier, by @Progi1984
- #24991: Fix combination ecotax display and edition, by @jolelievre
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Changes in developer documentation
- #1096: Add a mention on underscore module name. Thank you @jf-viguier
- #1095: Prepare site for multiple versions, by @eternoendless
- #1094: Bump php version php7.1-fpm ==> php 7.3-fpm. Thank you @MaximeMichaud
- #1093: Bump Prestashop version 188.8.131.52 ==> 184.108.40.206. Thank you @MaximeMichaud
Customer reassurance block module
- #244: Bump webpack from 5.46.0 to 5.47.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Faceted search module
- #478: Bump webpack from 5.46.0 to 5.47.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Core Weekly Generator tool
Developer documentation Hugo Theme
- #1: Add support for multiple versions, by @eternoendless
Social Follow module
Links list module
- #120: Remove code related to MBO, by @PierreRambaud
MJML Theme Converter
- #12: Add recycled packaging. Thank you @okom3pom
- #7: Fix order customer comment and product out of stock, by @jolelievre
Auto Upgrade module
- #396: Delete table before delete view, by @atomiix
- #395: Move upgrade scripts from the Core to the autoupgrade module, by @PierreRambaud
- #62: Publish Demo SymfonyForm 1.1.0 : add other and choice form types to example form. Thank you @JevgenijVisockij
Google Analytics module
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @jf-viguier, @Progi1984, @matthieu-rolland, @kpodemski, @dependabot[bot], @matks, @eternoendless, @atomiix, @jolelievre, @MaximeMichaud, @lukaslau, @PierreRambaud, @okom3pom, @NeOMakinG, @Hlavtox, @tups, @JevgenijVisockij, @zuk3975!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!