PrestaShop Core Weekly - Week 5 of 2021
An inside look at the PrestaShop codebase
This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 1st to Sunday 7th of February 2021.
Have you read “PHP, Scalability & Filesystems” that was published last week on this blog?
This is the third article of the performance series started in 2020 by @djodjo3 who is Lead DevOps at PrestaShop company. This article is about PHP, scalability and its impact on the filesystem.
In the meantime, the Pull Request for a new multishop header search mechanism by @matthieu-rolland has been merged, it’s one important milestone for the new multishop header for migrated pages project for PrestaShop 1.7.8.
Also a v5.0.0 version is being prepared for module autoupgrade with some fixes related to upgrades from PrestaShop 1.6 to PrestaShop 1.7.7.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 66 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 47 issues have been closed, including 12 fixed issues on the core;
- 81 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 95 pull requests have been closed, including 73 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #23153: Swap count() && is_array() pattern to avoid PHP7.2+ warning. Thank you @morgoth6
- #23055: Add EAN13 and MPN to combinations data. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #23034: Update stylelint with breakline rule and run fix with it, by @NeOMakinG
- #21593: Multishop search mechanism for header, by @matthieu-rolland
- #23092: Fix fields width when view is disabled on product page, by @NeOMakinG
- #23088: Introduce Product Feature value command, by @jolelievre
- #23076: Add deprecation notice on $location of Product and Combination. Thank you @zuk3975
- #23052: Improve responsivity of customer block in order admin. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #23044: Manage product redirection in SEO tab, by @jolelievre
- #22919: Fix spacing, padding and bugs on responsive, by @NeOMakinG
- #22886: Add stylelint on default BO theme, by @NeOMakinG
- #22743: Integrate suppliers form in product options. Thank you @zuk3975
- #22148: Fix specific prices redution form. Thank you @PululuK
- #23074: Stylise list in product short description of quickview, by @NeOMakinG
- #23073: Fix product description lists color on FO, by @NeOMakinG
- #23121: Fix tests after merge 177x to develop 02/02/2021. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #23090: Change author name for pull request triggered by cron, by @PierreRambaud
Code changes in the ‘1.7.7.x’ branch
- #22980: Replaced hooks
displayAdminGridTable<Before|After>, by @Progi1984
- #23144: Add test - Check footer links on FO. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #23023: Add test ‘Carrier options - order by ascending/descending ‘. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #23004: Add test ‘Languages pagination’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Customer reassurance block module
- #122: Bump webpack from 5.20.1 to 5.20.2. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #121: Bump webpack from 5.20.0 to 5.20.1. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #120: Bump webpack from 5.19.0 to 5.20.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #119: Bump webpack-cli from 4.4.0 to 4.5.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #118: Bump @babel/core from 7.12.10 to 7.12.13. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #117: Bump webpack from 5.18.0 to 5.19.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
Faceted search module
- #324: Bump webpack from 5.20.1 to 5.20.2. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #323: Bump chai from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #322: Bump webpack from 5.20.0 to 5.20.1. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #321: Bump webpack from 5.19.0 to 5.20.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #320: Bump @babel/core from 7.12.10 to 7.12.13. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #319: Bump @babel/cli from 7.12.10 to 7.12.13. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #318: Bump @babel/register from 7.12.10 to 7.12.13. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #317: Bump @babel/preset-env from 7.12.11 to 7.12.13. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #316: Bump @babel/node from 7.12.10 to 7.12.13. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #314: Bump webpack from 5.18.0 to 5.19.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #312: Bump eslint-config-prestashop from 0.0.2 to 0.1.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #302: Fix migration from blocklayered, by @atomiix
- #301: Fix how to use url_name parameter in features and attributes, by @PierreRambaud
- #300: Optimize price search, by @PierreRambaud
- #295: Always sort by id_product when there is similar result, by @PierreRambaud
Customer “Sign in” link module
Search Bar module
- #27: Add latest github version badge in readme, by @matks
- #26: Bump version to v2.1.1 and add prepend-autoloader false, by @matks
- #78: Fixed path for badge images on migrated pages, by @Progi1984
QA nightly results
- #54: Bump illuminate/database from 6.20.13 to 6.20.14. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #17: Exclude Prestashop 1.5 from analysis, by @Progi1984
- #16: Do not ignore archived projects, by @PierreRambaud
Prestashop UI Kit
- #136: Adjust floating button style according to design team, by @NeOMakinG
- #135: Add floating button to storybook, by @NeOMakinG
- #132: Add migrate to the UIKit, by @NeOMakinG
User documentation landing page
- #23: chore(deps-dev): bump sass from 1.32.5 to 1.32.6. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #22: chore(deps-dev): bump eslint from 7.18.0 to 7.19.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
Changes in developer documentation
- #853: min version compat for tinymce config override. Thank you @kpodemski
- #624: How to release PS, part 1, by @matks
- #443: Remove 1.6 modules, by @Progi1984
Auto Upgrade module
- #378: Fix phpstan tests, by @atomiix
- #376: Clear cache before enabling theme, by @atomiix
- #374: Fix error with private method and upgrade. Thank you @nenes25
Wishlist block module
- #97: Fix stats cache per shop id. Thank you @pablopolyte
- #100: Bump eslint-config-prestashop from 0.0.2 to 0.1.0. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #41: Fix composer autoloader configuration for demosymfonyform, by @matks
- #35: Rewrite demoextendsymfonyform1 module without CQRS, by @matks
Google Analytics module
- #85: Update HookDisplayOrderConfirmation.php. Thank you @Shoprunners
Customer data privacy block module
- #25: Release 2.0.1, by @Progi1984
Theme customization module
- #37: Release 1.2.1, by @Progi1984
Where to start contributing?
What about redirecting the customer to Product page after he created an account on Front Office? This is a feature request submitted last year by a contributor, and it is one of our good first issues.
Good first issues are a list of all beginner-friendly improvements and bugs to fix in the project. You can read more about this label on our article about it.
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @morgoth6, @dependabot[bot], @nesrineabdmouleh, @matks, @Progi1984, @PululuK, @Amin-Hosseini, @NeOMakinG, @PierreRambaud, @jolelievre, @kpodemski, @zuk3975, @atomiix, @Hlavtox, @pablopolyte, @Shoprunners, @nenes25, @matthieu-rolland!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!