Do you speak PrestaShop? – March 2020 edition
Where you'll learn that PrestaShop is fully available in Chinese
Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report tells you how the translations of the software evolved in March.
📆 PrestaShop Day Paris is postponed
In the current context related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its spread in Europe, the decision has been made to postpone PrestaShop Day Paris to a later date. It is a preventive measure aimed at preserving the health of all participants and all those involved in the organization of the event. We will let you know when a new date is set.
💕 Special thanks to newcomers
Many people subscribe to the project(s) of their choice each month, but not so many start translating straightaway. For that reason, we would like to thank the ones that kind of rush into the effort immediately, aha! So lot of love to the dedicated ENNECIWEB (tredici900), Ilyasov Ivan (tRACE), Jeison M.B (jeison.martinez), jkosm, keeper7,MetinEREN, mirmal, mustafamodul, RamonMataro, robinbittner, and Rosvin John Rosales (rosvinrosales). See you soon on Crowdin… and PrestaShop. ;-)
A few stats
- 40 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 16,707 words have been translated and 41,308 validated.
- All this in 27 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders for March 2020.
Top 10 translators in March:
- | Milan Kolka (milankolka) | Esperanto | 3,491
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Slovak; Czech | 2,040
- | keeper7 | Czech | 1,650
- | Bogdan Paul Vasile (bogdanpv) | Romanian | 1,528
- | Sretko Devič (Chico) | Slovenian | 1,166
- | Jesús Ruiz (jruiz) | Spanish | 1,116
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 1,072
- | Mediacom87 | French | 904
- | Jeison M.B (jeison.martinez) | Spanish, Colombia | 640
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 625
Top 10 proofreaders in March:
- | 雅丶涵 (anglesgirlcn) | Chinese Simplified | 31,867
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Slovak; Czech | 3,420
- | Jesús Ruiz (jruiz) | Spanish | 1,803
- | Sretko Devič (Chico) | Slovenian | 1,166
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 1,085
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 578
- | Enzo Ferrara (ferribbotte) | Italian | 487
- | Gerardas (gerardas) | Lithuanian | 479
- | Adeko Webdesign & Development (Adeko) | Dutch | 175
- | Rodrigo Laurindo (rblaurin) | Portuguese, Brazilian | 60
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors!
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
At the end of March 2020, PrestaShop 1.7.7 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 10 languages:
| Czech | Chinese Traditional | Greek | Italian | | Norwegian | Portuguese, Brazil | Slovak | Slovene | | Serbian (Latin) | Swedish |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with February 2020, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Chinese Simplified (+22% to reach 92% approved)
- Esperanto (+7% to reach 7% translated)
- Czech (+3% to reach 100% approved)
Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of March 2020, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Spanish, Argentina (99% translated vs 13% validated).
- Galician (93% vs 59%).
- Spanish, Venezuela (46% vs 14%).
- Arabic (95% vs 71%).
- Tagalog (48% vs 25%).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact us with the language you’d like to proofread: just send an email to [email protected]. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!