Do you speak PrestaShop? – August 2020 edition
Where you'll learn that 3 new languages projects have opened
Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report will tell you how the translations of the software evolved in August.
New manager of the translation project
My name is Julie. I joined PrestaShop on September 1st as the new Product Content Manager. I am very happy to start this new adventure and I am looking forward to working together on this translation project! 🔥
New projects have been opened!
Would you like to try a new challenge? If you are fluent in one of the languages below, don’t hesitate to contribute. Here are the new projects that have been opened in August:
Spanish (Costa Rica), French (Belgium), and Maltese.
I would like to thank gcocozza, jmcoget and jbonello who offered to open and help on the three projects. If you would like to start to translate a new language that is not yet available on PrestaShop, feel free to send me an email at [email protected]. 😉
Don’t miss the PrestaShop Day Italy, 100% online!
The PrestaShop Day for Italy will take place next 24th September as an online event!
35 live sessions in Italian are planned with entrepreneurs, partners, tech experts and more. Don’t forget to mark this event on your calendar! 📆
To discover more about this event and to register, I invite you to visit PSD Italy website.
💕 Special thanks to newcomers
Many people subscribe to the project(s) of their choice each month, but not so many start translating straightaway. For that reason, we would like to thank the ones who rushed into the effort immediately! So lots of love to the dedicated: PrestaServicePro, jbonello, Mohammad H. Bahrololoum (mohdbahrololoum), Benny Lahmish (bennylh), Dzung Do (dzungdo), Dennis (icemansparks), Abdullah Alsheraidah (aalsheraidah) and partum.
See you soon on Crowdin… and in PrestaShop. 😜
A few stats
- 25 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 14,807 words have been translated and 5,968 validated.
- All this in 21 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and PrestaShop can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the 10 most active translators and proofreaders for August 2020.
Top 10 translators in August:
- | PrestaServicePro | Azerbaijani | 4,945
- | M.Mirena (mmirena) | Albanian | 2,098
- | Girdman.com (anargaraezov) | Azerbaijani | 1,961
- | mirmal | Esperanto | 1,336
- | Gabriel Tenita (ggedamed) | Romanian | 1,051
- | Martin (lord_dark) | Polish | 902
- | Milan Kolka (milankolka) | Esperanto | 586
- | jbonello | Maltese | 553
- | Rivo Zängov (eraser) | Estonian | 507
- | Enrique García (quiquegarcia) | Spanish, Mexico | 283
Top 6 proofreaders in August:
- | M.Mirena (mmirena) | Albanian | 2,302
- | Girdman.com (anargaraezov) | Azerbaijani | 1,179
- | Enrique García (quiquegarcia) | Spanish, Mexico | 1,143
- | Gabriel Tenita (ggedamed) | Romanian | 1,138
- | Monika (monikaraciunaite) | Lithuanian | 190
- | Stanislas Yordanov (StanProg) | Bulgarian | 16
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors! 👏
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
At the end of August 2020, PrestaShop 1.7.7 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 12 languages:
| Chinese Traditional | Danish | Dutch | French | | Italian | Lithuanian | Portuguese, Brazil | Romanian | | Slovak | Slovene | Spanish | Swedish |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with July 2020, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Esperanto (+4% to reach 40% translated)
- Azerbaijani (+4% to reach 17% translated)
- Albanian (+4% to reach 39% translated)
A huge thank you to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of other proofreaders! Thanks to you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important to keep a high level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations! 🔥
At the end of August 2020, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Spanish, Argentina (100% translated vs 13% validated).
- Spanish, Venezuela (52% vs 11%).
- Galician (100% vs 59%).
- Esperanto (44% vs 0%).
- Spanish, Mexico (93% vs 57%).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact PrestaShop with the language you’d like to proofread: just send an email to [email protected]. Your help is needed!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late! 😉
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let me know: I’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month! 🙋♀️