PrestaShop Core Weekly - Week 34 of 2020
An inside look at the PrestaShop codebase
This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 17th to Sunday 23th of August 2020.
The 126.96.36.199 Beta 2 build has been issued and is currently being tested by the QA team. If the test campaign does not report any major issues, we will be able to release it on September 1st as scheduled.
In the meanwhile, two long awaited Pull Requests are experiencing extensive code review:
- The refactoring of the Translation Backend, a huge work started by @eternoendless and completed by @sowbiba
- PrestaShop compatibility with php7.4 by @PierreRambaud
Feel free to have a look, these two pull requests are the result of weeks of work and the more eyes the better!
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 55 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 43 issues have been closed, including 7 fixed issues on the core;
- 59 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 50 pull requests have been closed, including 36 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #20658: Fix doc comments to reflect actual signatures. Thank you @mcdado
- #20646: Bad static call to oneself in OrderDetail. Thank you @jordiweblidera
- #20593: Remove useless comments in HTMLTemplateInvoice.php. Thank you @PululuK
- #20453: Search combination by ean. Thank you @camlafit
- #20387: Allow duplicates in log when an error is thrown in hooks, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #20375: Correct stylelint browsers on new-theme, by @NeOMakinG
- #20305: Better form errors display for Address form, by @matks
- #20592: The delivery note’s name is wrong after the download . Thank you @PululuK
- #20556: Fix images quickview also updating product page by changing product i…, by @NeOMakinG
- #20211: Fix missing pagination for alternative lang url. Thank you @Sinepel
- #20664: Update selector for exchange currencies rates and faker for tax group rule, by @boubkerbribri
- #20647: Fix selectors for Seo options form after merge 1.7.7.x into develop, by @boubkerbribri
Code changes in the ‘1.7.7.x’ branch
- #20644: Check for address id before creating CartAddress, by @atomiix
- #20626: Fix duplicate ids in order page, by @PierreRambaud
- #20599: Functional tests - Add CRUD and Bulk actions tests for image types, by @boubkerbribri
- #20551: Functional tests - Add tests ‘CRUD and bulk delete Groups’, by @boubkerbribri
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Changes in developer documentation
- #673: Add maintainer’s guide, by @eternoendless
- #671: Add ‘magic’ actionObject hooks. Thank you @zalexki
- #670: Split contribution guidelines, by @eternoendless
- #668: Update contribute-by-testing-pull-requests.md. Thank you @prestaforum
- #667: Missing close parentheses. Thank you @TeapotLex
- #666: Update 1.7.7.md. Thank you @MatShir
- #665: Notice on translatable type. Thank you @JevgenijVisockij
- #664: Correct typo on compile assets part, by @NeOMakinG
- #662: Add smarty scope to actionFrontControllerSetVariables hook. Thank you @jf-viguier
- #661: Explain the bridge between SF and legacy hooks, by @matks
- #660: Pupeteer link. Thank you @Rho-bur
- #46: Fix google translation bug and toggle darkmode by default if OS is using it, by @NeOMakinG
- #45: Align results to the left, by @NeOMakinG
- #113: Disabled tabs, Errors in tabs, Edit combination modal. Thank you @TristanLDD
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @eternoendless, @boubkerbribri, @zalexki, @mcdado, @prestaforum, @TeapotLex, @jordiweblidera, @atomiix, @NeOMakinG, @MatShir, @JevgenijVisockij, @jf-viguier, @PierreRambaud, @matks, @jolelievre, @Rho-bur, @PululuK, @camlafit, @Quetzacoalt91, @Sinepel, @TristanLDD!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!