Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report tells you how the translations of the software evolved in January.
2019 arrived with two translation projects coming out of the ground, how nice it is to start the year with two extra languages to work on: let’s give Flemish and Valencian a warm welcome! We can now count 76 translation projects available on Crowdin, and it is quite a nice score regarding the involvement it implies. We are proud of our community. Be part of it, join Peter Visser and start building a more and more international solution all together!
Script and data difficulties
Last month has been a bit of a problem regarding some script parameters. So basically, this report will only focus on the first half of January, since our data stopped to be retrievable on the 14th… before going back these past few days. It is fixed now, but we could not succeed in restoring the missing data part. Sorry about that. As for the translations, don’t worry, you will not lack any wording, everything is up-to-date. And that is the most important.
Special thanks to newcomers
Many people subscribe to the project(s) of their choice each month, but not so many start translating straightaway. For that reason, we would like to thank the ones that kind of rush into the effort immediately, aha! So lots of love to the dedicated CMLEUNG, Svemirac, malik.krak, Rolige, Laimonas Mituzas, and amar505. See you soon on Crowdin… and PrestaShop. ;-)
A few stats
- 24 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 261,175 words have been translated and 13,972 validated.
- All this in 19 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders for January 2019.
Top 10 translators in January:
- | Peter Visser (MARK-APP) | Flemish, Dutch | 241,932
- | Rolige Ecommerce Solutions (Rolige) | Spanish, Mexico | 5,383
- | Goran Wihlgaard (Guranius) | Swedish | 4,903
- | amar505 | Hebrew | 2,604
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 1,692
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 1,120
- | Nikhom | Thai | 1,101
- | Carlos Loyola Vásquez (carlosloyola14) | Spanish, Peru | 785
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 591
- | CMLEUNG | Chinese Traditional | 508
Top 5 proofreaders in January:
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 6,407
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 4,762
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 1,692
- | ols (olegsv) | Hebrew | 772
- | Marcin Orzechowski (Martinovy) | Polish | 287
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors!
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
On the 14th of January 2019, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 29 languages:
| Bulgarian | Catalan | Croatian | Czech | | Dutch | English | Estonian | French | | French, Canada | German | Greek | Italian | | Latvian | Lithuanian | Macedonian | Norwegian | | Persian | Polish | Portuguese | Portuguese, Brazil | | Romanian | Russian | Slovak | Slovene | | Spanish | Swedish | Turkish | Ukrainian | | Vietnamese |
For its part, PrestaShop 1.7.5 was fully available in 23 languages!
| Bosnian | Bulgarian | Croatian | Czech | | English | French | French, Canada | German | | Greek | Indonesian | Italian | Latvian | | Lithuanian | Macedonian | Persian | Polish | | Portuguese, Brazil | Romanian | Russian | Slovak | | Slovene | Spanish | Ukrainian |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with December 2018, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Chinese Simplified (+4% to reach 92% translated in 1.7)
- Korean (+2% to reach 93% approved in 1.7)
- Polish (+1% to reach 100% approved in 1.7)
Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
On the 14th of January 2019, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Galician (100% translated vs 62% validated in 1.7).
- Spanish, Venezuela (53% vs 17% in 1.6).
- Chinese Simplified (100% vs 71% in 1.7).
- Tagalog (52% vs 24% in 1.6).
- Arabic (98% vs 73% in 1.6).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact us with the language you’d like to proofread: just send an email to [email protected]. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!