Do you speak PrestaShop? – August 2019 edition
Where you'll learn that the 1.7.6 catalog is now complete
Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report tells you how the translations of the software evolved in August.
Emails are now available for translation
Hello all, I hope summertime was fine for each of you. A lot happened on Crowdin lately: exceptionally, the 1.7.6 catalog has been pushed again to be finally completed. Indeed, a bug prevented email translation… which was quite annoying, sorry for this quick inconvenience. We worked hard on it and corrected it for PrestaShop 220.127.116.11. And that explains why fresh translatable strings have been pushed into Crowdin. Now you can now all translate both classic and modern emails!
Also, summer is a convenient time to do a bit of cleaning among our many contributions, that is why I went on all translation projects last month and removed all profiles that no longer contribute. But do not panic, this is not an arbitrary decision, it was based on the following criterion: both proofreaders and translators that have not been seen on the PrestaShop project for at least two years have been removed. Despite all our efforts to reach and motivate absent people, if you are one of those, please know you can still subscribe and start contributing again. We will be glad to have you back!
Special thanks to newcomers
Many people subscribe to the project(s) of their choice each month, but not so many start translating straightaway. For that reason, we would like to thank the ones that kind of rush into the effort immediately, aha! So lot of love to the dedicated anpezz, Lizette Garcia (lizette.garcia.glz), Nipsun Keittiö (lhotel53), Ramya Shantha Peiris (Ramzhead8899), Richard Rosario (shoptechmedia), and Stijn (stijn.bosman). See you soon on Crowdin… and PrestaShop. ;-)
A few stats
- 59 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 33,339 words have been translated and 20,497 validated.
- All this in 37 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders for August 2019.
Top 10 translators in August:
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Czech, Slovak | 3,082
- | Martin (lord_dark) | Polish | 2,298
- | mousanajafi | Persian | 2,238
- | Tantely R. (rabtaray) | Malagasy | 2,233
- | 雅丶涵 (anglesgirlcn) | Chinese Simplified | 2,164
- | Laimonas Mituzas (laimonas) | Lithuanian | 1,827
- | DaoKakao | Russian | 1,636
- | Rodrigo Laurindo (rblaurin) | Portuguese, Brazilian | 1,614
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 1,538
- | Jesús Ruiz (jruiz) | Spanish | 1,430
Top 10 proofreaders in August:
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Czech, Slovak | 3,128
- | DaoKakao | Russian | 1,949
- | Adeko Webdesign & Development (Adeko) | Dutch | 1,913
- | Monika (monikaraciunaite) | Lithuanian | 1,608
- | Rodrigo Laurindo (rblaurin) | Portuguese, Brazilian | 1,598
- | Enzo Ferrara (ferribbotte) | Italian | 1,564
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 1,540
- | Jesús Ruiz (jruiz) | Spanish | 1,460
- | Ronny (rbuelund) | Danish | 1,208
- | Tantely R. (rabtaray) | Malagasy | 933
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors!
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
At the end of August 2019, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 31 languages:
| Bulgarian | Catalan | Croatian | Czech | | Danish | Dutch | English | Estonian | | French | French, Canada | German | Greek | | Italian | Indonesian | Latvian | Lithuanian | | Macedonian | Norwegian | Persian | Polish | | Portuguese | Portuguese, Brazil | Romanian | Russian | | Slovak | Slovene | Spanish | Swedish | | Turkish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese |
For its part, PrestaShop 1.7.6 was fully available in 6 languages!
| Czech | English | French | Portuguese, Brazil | | Slovak | Swedish |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with June 2019, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Persian (+2% to reach 100% translated in 1.7)
- Malagasy (+1% to reach 1% approved in 1.7)
- Russian (+1% to reach 97% approved in 1.7)
Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of August 2019, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Spanish, Argentina (100% translated vs 16% validated in 1.6).
- Spanish, Venezuela (54% vs 17% in 1.6).
- Galician (94% vs 59% in 1.7).
- Chinese Simplified (95% vs 64% in 1.7).
- Tagalog (54% vs 24% in 1.6).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact us with the language you’d like to proofread: just send an email to [email protected]. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!