Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report tells you how the translations of the software evolved in December.
Happy new year
Bye 2017, hello 2018! As time goes by, the whole PrestaShop team wishes you a wonderful and happy new year we hope full of achievements, filled with magical words, translated everywhere, approved by all… to say it clear: a new year of joyful involvement! Another occasion to let you know how proud you can be of the work accomplished here every day, we are so grateful for that. So much. Each new month makes us see how far we progress altogether. For instance, version 1.7 gained four 100% completed languages in December, let’s keep heading in 2018!
A few stats
- 44 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 108,345 words have been translated and 48,530 validated.
- All this in 16 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders for December 2017.
Top 10 translators in December:
- | Rijad Osmanovic (rijado) | Bosnian | 28,621
- | susanli3769 (emmali73) | Chinese Simplified | 20,194
- | PowerShop | Spanish | 14,342
- | Vu Van Tuan (tuanvv90) | Vietnamese | 12,335
- | incrediblesnow | Chinese Simplified/Traditional | 8,307
- | Bojan Lazarevski (BoOoX) | Macedonian | 3,390
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 2,871
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 2,160
- | Tor Eirik Trandal (teitrand) | Norwegian | 2,017
- | gecko666 | Spanish, Argentina | 1,614
Top 10 proofreaders in December:
- | Vu Van Tuan (tuanvv90) | Vietnamese | 17,597
- | Rijad Osmanovic (rijado) | Bosnian | 12,767
- | Bojan Lazarevski (BoOoX) | Macedonian | 3,446
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 3,103
- | Yosef Esses Cohen (ppesses) | Spanish, Mexico | 2,474
- | Nikolaos Papapanagiotou (nikolaosp) | Greek | 2,008
- | Monika (monikaraciunaite) | Lithuanian | 1,513
- | Roberto Calisto (roberto.calisto) | Portuguese | 1,367
- | Oleg Sverdlov (olegsv) | Hebrew | 1,224
- | Danni Afasyah (prestanesia) | Indonesian | 844
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors!
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
At the end of December 2017, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 25 languages:
| Bulgarian | Croatian | Danish | English | | French | French, Canada | German | Greek | | Indonesian | Italian | Lithuanian | Norwegian | | Persian | Polish | Portuguese | Portuguese, Brazil | | Romanian | Russian | Slovak | Slovene | | Spanish | Swedish | Turkish | Ukrainian | | Vietnamese |
For its part, PrestaShop 1.7.3 was fully available in 19 languages!
| Bulgarian | Croatian | English | French | | French, Canada | German | ** Indonesian** | Italian | | Lithuanian | Persian | Polish | Romanian | | Russian | Slovak | Slovene | Spanish | | Swedish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with November 2017, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Bosnian (+52% to reach 73% translated in 1.7)
- Chinese Simplified (+30% to reach 80% translated in 1.7)
- Chinese Traditional (+8% to reach 80% translated in 1.7)
Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
The list has quite evolved over the last few months, meaning that a lot of proofreading took place. It’s great!
At the end of December 2017, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Bosnian (73% translated vs 17% validated in 1.7).
- Chinese Simplified (80% vs 47% in 1.7).
- Portuguese, Brazil (100% vs 78% in 1.7).
- Korean (38% vs 17% in 1.7).
- Arabic (52% vs 37% in 1.7).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact us with the language you’d like to proofread. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!