Here is the latest report to inform you of what happened on the PrestaShop translation project on Crowdin in September.
Get ready with 1.7 translations
The 1.7 project is moving forward with the recent release of a second release candidate. As things evolve, we’re getting closer to a 1.7 final release. So now is a good time to get involved in the translation of this version, join us on Crowdin to translate PrestaShop in your own language! :)
Translations for PrestaShop 1.7
There have been some strings movements in 1.7. Some new strings appeared, correcting old ones who were removed from the project. We are still modifying some translations domains as well, so strings are moving from the “messages” folder to more relevant ones. All this have an impact on the project, modifying percentages of completion for some folders or the whole project. Even though some modifications are still to come, the strings should stabilize in the coming weeks.
PrestaShop installation in Danish
We’ve also added the Danish language to the installer of PrestaShop 1.7. From now on, right from the start, you will be able to install your shop in Danish and retrieve data in Danish (while previously it was all in English - for instance, order statuses). The translation isn’t complete and does not take place on Crowdin, but works with files hosted on GitHub. If you want to help further translating in Danish, you can contribute directly on GitHub, or, if you have no clue as to how to do it, contact us at [email protected]. We’d be happy to help :)
The installer data can be completed and/or added in other languages too, so if you’re interested, don’t hesitate to reach out!
1.6 translations update
We’ve had some issues with the 1.6 language pack update recently, and we’re doing our best to provide you with updated translation!
Now let’s get back to our Crowdin project, and the full report of its activity in September:
A few stats
- 80 contributors joined the project this month, for a total of 3,229 members at the end of September. Welcome to all of them!
- 66 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 92,283 words have been translated (+252% ^) and 89,869 validated (+ 135%).
- All this in 33 different languages (+52%).
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders this September.
Top 10 translators in September:
- | Alper Demir (alper-demir) | Turkish | 16,032
- | A Petapouca (petapouca) | Galician | 8,320
- | Roy (rstvMacRoy)| Swedish | 5,228
- | Koral | Polish | 3,193
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 2,709
- | DaoKakao | Russian | 2,609
- | maurizioag | Spanish, Venezuela | 2,400
- | Monika (monikaraciunaite) | Lithuanian | 2,144
- | transmetent | Catalan | 1,995
- | eleazar | German | 1,994
Top 10 proofreaders in September:
- | Morten Borg (mortenborg) | Danish | 22,321
- | A Petapouca (petapouca) | Galician | 20,778
- | Alper Demir (alper-demir) | Turkish | 20,626
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 5,833
- | SkaZun (raidhunters) | Ukrainian | 2,869
- | DaoKakao | Russian | 2,609
- | Gytis Šk (gytis) | Lithuanian | 1,995
- | Enzo Ferrara (ferribbotte) | Italian | 1,671
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 1,616
- | lolypop000 | Slovenian | 1,589
A big applause to them! And welcome to our new top contributors!
Fully translated languages
At the end of September, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 14 languages:
98-99% translated languages
PrestaShop was also almost fully translated (and/or validated) in these 9 languages:
- Portuguese, Brazilian
A little bit of work and these languages can be 100% translated and validated too! If you feel like you want to help, join the project!
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with August 2016, the following languages had the best progress in September:
(these numbers are mostly issued from the progress of the 1.7 project, as this is where most of the work took place this month.)
- Azerbaijani (+25% to reach 10% translated in 1.7)
- Albanian (+17% to reach 21% translated in 1.7)
- Galician (+10% to reach 74% translated in 1.6)
- Danish (+19% to reach 93% translated in 1.7)
- Polish (+4% to reach 98% translated in 1.7)
Other languages performed well like Swedish, Turkish, Russian, and Catalan. Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the % of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of September, 7 languages would still benefit from more proofreading:
- Ukrainian (100% vs 68%)
- Arabic (54% vs 28%)
- Galician (74% vs 49%)
- Turkish (100% translated vs 77% validated - getting better every month!)
- Greek (99% translated vs 81% validated)
- Finnish (99% translated vs 83% validated)
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact me on Crowdin with the language you’d like to proofread. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!