Here is the latest report to inform you of what has been going on PrestaShop translation project on Crowdin lately (= this last May).
Updated 1.6 translations
We’ve again updated the translations available in PrestaShop this week, so that you can find the latest translation available in PrestaShop. That should be of importance for the Turks, as a lot of proofreading has been going on lately.
From now on, we plan on updating the 1.6 translations every two weeks, so next time should be around the end of June. No promises however!
Translations for PrestaShop 1.7
You’ve probably heard we’ve released the first beta version for PrestaShop 1.7. We’d like to open the translation for PrestaShop 1.7 soon, so that the work can start on these shiny brand new strings! We’re working on a whole new translation system, to make things easier for translators. We’ll tell you more about it soon here on Build. This is not ready yet, but it’s keeping us busy :) We hope you’ll like it!
We’ve also published a new Translator’s Guide to help you getting familiar with PrestaShop translation project. If you haven’t done it yet, get it now! We’d be happy to hear from you, if you think we should add some content or answer more of your concerns.
Now let’s get back to our Crowdin project, and the full report of its activity in May:
A few stats
- 89 contributors joined the project this month, for a total of 2,846 members at the end of May. Welcome to them!
- 34 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 17,950 words have been translated and 9,956 validated.
- All this in 22 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working everyday on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders this May.
Top 10 translators in May:
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Trad. | 2,953
- | Daniel Amante (lusolux)| German, Luxembourg | 2,506
- | metegokalp (mtgklp) | Turkish | 2,084
- | Phillip Stemann (Mediabroke) | Danish | 1,726
- | Gabriel Teniță (ggedamed) | Romanian | 1,698
- | Alper Demir (alper-demir) | Turkish | 1,397
- | ftugrul | Turkish | 964
- | Jorge Vargas (jorgevrgs) | Spanish, Colombia | 890
- | David Gasperoni (mcdado) | Italian | 762
- | Дмитрий Жашкевич (SupportPS) | Ukrainian | 683
Top 10 proofreaders in May:
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Trad. | 2,978
- | Gabriel Teniță (ggedamed) | Romanian | 2,520
- | Alper Demir (alper-demir) | Turkish | 1061
- | Jorge Vargas (jorgevrgs) | Spanish, Colombia | 1010
- | David Gasperoni (mcdado) | Italian | 762
- | Xabi Garzia (xabigar) | Basque | 756
- | ftugrul | Turkish | 508
- | crowd-dyr | Danish | 177
- | Danoosh Miralayi (danoosh) | Persian | 57
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Slovak | 18
A big applause to them! And welcome to our new top contributors!
Fully translated languages
At the end of May, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 16 languages:
98-99% translated languages
PrestaShop was also almost fully translated (and/or validated) in these 6 languages:
- Portuguese, Brazilian
A little bit of work and these languages can be 100% translated and validated too! If you feel like you want to help, join the project!
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with March 2016, the following languages had the best progress in May:
- German, Luxembourg (+500% to reach 6% translated - wow!)
- Basque (+5% to reach 21% translated)
- Turkish (+4.2% to reach 100% translated - hurrah!)
- Chinese, Traditional (+2.7% to reach 77% translated)
- Spanish, Colombia (+1.3% to reach 78% translated)
Of course this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentionned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the % of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of May, 7 languages would highly benefit from more proofreading:
- Turkish (100% translated vs 2% validated)
- Greek (100% translated vs 81% validated)
- Romanian (100% vs 84%)
- Ukrainian (100% vs 53%)
- Hungarian (92% vs 72%)
- Arabic (54% vs 28%)
- Galician (49% vs 11%)
N.B.: Since the end of May the Turkish project has been moving forward, and a lot of proofreading is going on. As I’m writing, Turkish is already 29% validated, which is great! Keep up the good work! :)
If you wish to help proofreading what has been translated, please contact me on Crowdin with the language you’d like to proofread. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!