Do you speak PrestaShop? - August 2016 Edition
Who said August would be a quiet month?
Here is the latest report to inform you of what happened on the PrestaShop translation project on Crowdin in August.
Thanks for pursuing the effort <3
This month was quite a good month for PrestaShop’s project in Crowdin.The quantity of words translated and validated is huge compared to the same period last year. Thanks to all of you, old and new members, for this This month we would like to say a special thank to an amazing member of our community, Jesús Ruiz García, for the huge quantity of work done in translating the documentation since he joined the community and especially for his precious help and tips on terminology and glossary. For more information, check our related Build article. <3
Updated files in 1.7
As the 1.7 project keeps evolving, so does the translation project. What’s new:
- The content of the emails is now available for translation in 1.7. Subjects for emails will arrive soon as well.
- New domains were added:
- Admin.ShopParameters and Admin.AdvParameters: resulting from the splitting of former Admin.Parameters into two folders, thus providing more context.
Updated 1.6 translations
The last update of translations for the 1.6 project took place on the 6th of September. Another update is planned this week so you can benefit from the latest translations available on Crowdin!
Spanish from Venezuela
A new locale is available for Spanish: Spanish from Venezuela. If you want to take part into it and help Maurizioag, our first translator in Venezuelan Spanish. join us on Crowdin! Because it’s a locale, you will only have to adapt the Spanish text to fit the Venezuelan peculiarities.
At the request of a community member, we’ve also added Malagasy to adapt PrestaShop to Madagascar’s market :)
Help us translate PrestaShop in these new languages!
Now let’s get back to our Crowdin project and to the full report of its activity in August:
A few stats
- 108 contributors joined the project this month for a total of 3,149 members (+35.5) at the end of August. Welcome to all of them!
- 79 members were active on the project this month (-17%).
- A total of 91,757 words have been translated (-0.7% ) and 83,168 were validated (+ 29%).
- All this in 35 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working everyday on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders this August.
Top 10 translators in August:
- | Lolypop000 | Slovenian | 8,746
- | Filip Filipović (filipfilipovic) | Croatian |6,402
- | Koral | Polish | 5,498
- | Alper Demir (alper-demir) | Turkish | 4,788
- | Roy(rstvMacRoy) | Swedish | 4,107
- | Vilnis Dreimanis (marketings) | Latvian | 3,815
- | warface | Persian | 3,719
- | Enzo Ferrara (ferribbotte) | Italian | 3,575
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 2,932
- | Danni Afasyah (prestanesia) | Indonesian | 2,668
Top 10 proofreaders in August:
- | Lolypop000 | Slovenian | 8,823
- | Filip Filipović (filipfilipovic) | Croatian | 7,047
- | Morten Borg (mortenborg)| Danish | 6,141
- | Enzo Ferrara (ferribbotte) | Italian | 5,476
- | Alper Demir (alper-demir) | Turkish | 5,437
- | Csaba Mártha (csy) | Swedish | 4,613
- | warface| Persian | 5,000
- | Patrik Lindblom (extendus) | Swedish | 4,613
- | SkaZun (raidhunters) | Ukrainian | 3,379
- | Danni Afasyah (prestanesia) | Indonesian | 2,976
A big applause to them! And welcome to our new top contributors! And big up to Lolypop000 for the huge work done in Slovenian!
Fully translated languages
At the end of August, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 17 languages:
- Portuguese, Brazilian
98-99% translated languages
PrestaShop 1.6.1 was also almost fully translated (and/or validated) in these 8 languages:
A little bit of work and these languages can be 100% translated and validated too! If you feel like you want to help, join the project!
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with July 2016, the following languages had the best progress in August:
(these numbers are mostly issued from the progress of the 1.7 project, as this is where most of the work took place this month.)
- Galician (+34% to reach 67% translated in 1.6)
- Finnish (+19.3% to reach 99% translated in 1.6.
- Latvian (+15.2% to reach 38% translated in 1.6)
- Hungarian (+3.3% to reach 95% translated in 1.6)
- Portuguese (+3.1% to reach 100% translated in 1.6)
Of course this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the % of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of August, 6 languages would still benefit from more proofreading:
- Estonian (93% translated vs 0% validated)
- Turkish (99% translated vs 46% validated)
- Galician (67% translated vs 14% validated)
- Ukrainian (99% translated vs 61% validated)
- Arabic (54% translated vs 28% validated)
- Hungarian (95% translated vs 82% validated)
If you wish to help proofreading what has been translated, please contact us and let us know the language you’d like to proofread. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!