This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 5th to Sunday 11th of September 2022.
Last week was held the sixth Public Demo of the year. You can read more about it in this summary. You are encouraged to watch its video replay with two live demonstrations and the project’s news presented in that session.
About the PrestaShop 8 beta, you can read an update in the Release 8.0.0 Issue:
Also, the beta is now over: 39 bugs have been reported during this period, of which 9 have been fixed at the time of writing. The remaining items to fix before the first release candidate can be tracked on the project’s kanban.
It is still planned to release a Release Candidate at the end of September/early-October.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 38 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 39 issues have been closed, including 21 fixed issues on the core;
- 89 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 65 pull requests have been closed, including 50 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
Code changes in the ‘8.0.x’ branch
- #29537: Update productcomments v5.0.2, by @kpodemski
- #29535: Update ps_linklist to 5.0.5, by @matks
- #29469: Fix hook registration and module enabling/disabling processes, by @matthieu-rolland
- #29566: Functional tests - refacto the BO - Header - quick access test , by @khouloudbelguith
- #29545: Fix php 8.1 Filemanager. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29534: Fix broken icon-font on RTL after upgrade, by @matthieu-rolland
- #29523: Combination fields list updated for partial update in Product::updateAttribute, by @jolelievre
- #29512: Fix module upgrade button menu. Thank you @MeKeyCool
- #29497: Extract missing modules translations, by @jolelievre
- #29481: Fix BO - The images are not well displayed after adding it in file manager with php8.1. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29441: Fix module translations. Thank you @MeKeyCool
- #29426: Put product v2 feature flag in the beta form instead of stable, by @atomiix
- #29376: Horizontal migration HelperListConfiguration refacto. Thank you @zuk3975
- #29375: Fix SVG Upload, do not check dimensions if file is svg.. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29195: Fix product state multishop. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29060: Order page in BO > partial refund block, bad displaying of products “Quantity” field. Thank you @okom3pom
- #28923: Fix product import for Product page v2.. Thank you @MeKeyCool
Code changes in the ‘1.7.8.x’ branch
- #29471: Fix ps_facetedsearch - bad display after clearing a filter of no result. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
- #29413: Fix displayPackPrice compare price value instead of formatted price, by @jolelievre
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
- #146: Bump node-sass from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #144: Bump postcss and css-loader. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #143: Bump node-sass from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Customer reassurance block module
- #443: Bump node-sass from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #442: Bump node-sass from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #441: Bump @babel/core from 7.18.13 to 7.19.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Faceted search module
- #707: Bump node-sass from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #706: Bump mockery/mockery from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #705: Bump node-sass from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #704: Bump @babel/core from 7.18.13 to 7.19.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #703: Bump @babel/preset-env from 7.18.10 to 7.19.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Customer account links module
- #42: Bump version to 3.2.0, by @matks
- #41: Solve wording caching if multiple/no addresses. Thank you @LouisAUTHIE
- #371: Change block name to header_bottom. Thank you @lramos-prolaser
- #370: Add core js missing classes on product page, by @NeOMakinG
Changes in developer documentation sources
- #1479: Improve example branch, by @matks
- #1451: More precise info about installer + notable change for the Hook component, by @kpodemski
Auto Upgrade module
- #500: Add auto generated hooks via Core command for 8.0.0, by @jolelievre
- #498: Disable non native modules on PS8.0 and onward, by @matthieu-rolland
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @dependabot[bot], @matks, @jolelievre, @lramos-prolaser, @khouloudbelguith, @NeOMakinG, @nesrineabdmouleh, @FabienPapet, @kpodemski, @matthieu-rolland, @atomiix, @MeKeyCool, @leemyongpakvn, @zuk3975, @okom3pom, @LouisAUTHIE, @margud!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!