Do you speak PrestaShop? – June 2019 edition
Where you'll learn that Serbian is finally completed for 1.7.6
Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report tells you how the translations of the software evolved in June.
Before going on summer vacation, I’m glad to let you all know goodies are now being sent to the best translators – last session was in March. Go to your Crowdin profiles to check if you are among our top contributors for those last few months, we might need to send you a little something in order to thank you… and if you are, congratulations, it is time to have a look at your letterbox. ;-)
Special thanks to newcomers
Many people subscribe to the project(s) of their choice each month, but not so many start translating straightaway. For that reason, we would like to thank the ones that kind of rush into the effort immediately, aha! So lot of love to the dedicated alexandre.beyonds, bkmcrowdin, half Rockstar (snfxgsx), Harlas, Jose Marfil (mescalitog), JossVans, lucasgomezortiz, Marvin Licup (marvinlicup25), Patricia Marie Anunciacion (pmcagamboa), Peeyush Agrawal (Peeyush), Petr Blaha (blahapetaand), and Tantely R. (rabtaray). See you soon on Crowdin… and PrestaShop. ;-)
A few stats
- 49 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 25,565 words have been translated and 25,413 validated.
- All this in 35 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders for June 2019.
Top 10 translators in June:
- | Zoran Tejic (zotamal) | Serbian (Latin) | 8,518
- | Svemirac | Serbian (Latin) | 3,736
- | Rivo Zängov (Eraser) | Estonian | 3,677
- | Tantely R. (rabtaray) | Malagasy | 2,267
- | Jash Technologie (jash_tech) | Polish | 818
- | Patricia Marie Anunciacion (pmcagamboa) | Tagalog | 769
- | half Rockstar (snfxgsx) | Arabic | 608
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 521
- | bkmcrowdin | Swahili | 454
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 397
Top 10 proofreaders in June:
- | Zoran Tejic (zotamal) | Serbian (Latin) | 9,084
- | Rivo Zängov (Eraser) | Estonian | 7,261
- | scienceangel | Serbian (Latin) | 3,501
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 1,830
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 1,224
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Czech, Slovak | 737
- | Gerardas (gerardas) | Lithuanian | 273
- | Enzo Ferrara (ferribbotte) | Italian | 247
- | Stamatis (breezer) | Greek | 244
- | Rodrigo Laurindo (rblaurin) | Portuguese, Brazilian | 240
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors!
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
At the end of June 2019, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 31 languages:
| Bulgarian | Catalan | Croatian | Czech | | Danish | Dutch | English | Estonian | | French | French, Canada | German | Greek | | Italian | Indonesian | Latvian | Lithuanian | | Macedonian | Norwegian | Persian | Polish | | Portuguese | Portuguese, Brazil | Romanian | Russian | | Slovak | Slovene | Spanish | Swedish | | Turkish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese |
For its part, PrestaShop 1.7.6 was fully available in 7 languages!
| Czech | Danish | Estonian | Portuguese, Brazil | | Slovak | Serbian | Swedish |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with May 2019, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Estonian (+11% to reach 100% approved in 1.7)
- Polish (+2% to reach 98% translated in 1.7)
- Korean (+2% to reach 98% approved in 1.7)
Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of June 2019, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Spanish, Argentina (100% translated vs 16% validated in 1.6).
- Galician (97% vs 61% in 1.7).
- Spanish, Venezuela (53% vs 17% in 1.6).
- Tagalog (54% vs 24% in 1.6).
- Chinese Simplified (96% vs 69% in 1.7).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact us with the language you’d like to proofread: just send an email to [email protected]. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!