Do you speak PrestaShop? – November 2018 edition
Where you'll learn that Galician is looking for proofreaders
Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report tells you how the translations of the software evolved in November.
Our User Club is back in town
Yep, it is not a real translation-focused news but it is related to the translation community in a sense. Indeed, the PrestaShop User Club is back, available in eight languages, so we count on you to subscribe! It is a way for us to reach you out when we have questions or would like to get your feedback: we share feature surveys, mockups, designs, etc. It never takes too much time, and it really helps us to build a software that fits your needs!
A few stats
- 53 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 65,536 words have been translated and 72,330 validated.
- All this in 11 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders for November 2018.
Top 10 translators in November:
- | Rijad Osmanovic (rijado) | Bosnian, Croatian | 22,530
- | Zoran Tejic (zotamal) | Serbian (Latin), Bosnian | 12,468
- | Victor Frankenstein (Victor.Frankenstein) | Arabic | 3,996
- | Dinesh Badrukhiya (dbadrukhiya) | Hindi | 3,108
- | renothing | Chinese Simplified | 2,653
- | M. Mirena (mmirena) | Albanian | 1,822
- | Gabriel Tenita (ggedamed) | Romanian | 1,481
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Czech, Slovak | 1,284
- | Ice “Icecore” Core (icecore) | Hebrew | 1,247
- | Cha (cafetango) | Chinese Traditional | 963
Top 10 proofreaders in November:
- | Rijad Osmanovic (rijado) | Bosnian, Croatian | 22,539
- | Zoran Tejic (zotamal) | Serbian (Latin), Bosnian | 13,291
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 10,486
- | renothing | Chinese Simplified | 3,597
- | Dinesh Badrukhiya (dbadrukhiya) | Hindi | 3,059
- | Victor Frankenstein (Victor.Frankenstein) | Arabic | 2,690
- | Dima Rifai (libanista) | Arabic | 2,669
- | Gabriel Tenita (ggedamed) | Romanian | 1,483
- | M. Mirena (mmirena) | Albanian | 1,444
- | webdvl (megashopba) | Czech, Slovak | 1,293
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors!
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
At the end of November 2018, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 30 languages:
| Bulgarian | Catalan | Croatian | Czech | | Danish | Dutch | English | Estonian | | French | French, Canada | German | Greek | | Indonesian | Italian | Latvian | Lithuanian | | Macedonian | Norwegian | Persian | Polish | | Portuguese | Romanian | Russian | Slovak | | Slovene | Spanish | Swedish | Turkish | | Ukrainian | Vietnamese |
For its part, PrestaShop 1.7.5 was fully available in 15 languages!
| Bosnian | Croatian | Czech | Danish | | English | French | French, Canada | German | | Greek | Italian | Romanian | Russian | | Slovak | Spanish | Swedish |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with October 2018, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Bosnian (+50% to reach 100% approved in 1.7)
- Serbian (Latin) (+24% to reach 75% approved in 1.7)
- Korean (+11% to reach 86% approved in 1.7)
Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of November 2018, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Galician (100% translated vs 62% validated in 1.7).
- Spanish, Venezuela (51% vs 16% in 1.7).
- Chinese Simplified (98% vs 69% in 1.7).
- Tagalog (52% vs 24% in 1.6).
- Portuguese, Brazil (98% vs 77% in 1.7).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact us with the language you’d like to proofread: just send an email to [email protected]. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!