Do you speak PrestaShop? – March 2018 edition
Where you'll learn that 1.7 is fully translated in 23 languages
Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it’s also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report tells you how the translations of the software evolved in March.
Last month, Utopian announced that Steem rewards for translation contributions were suspended until further notice. But thanks to our amazing and dedicated translation community, we still have great levels for all the PrestaShop projects on Crowdin!
Now, to look further, here are our almost completed projects - if you feel like helping on it, I would be glad to welcome you: Catalan, the two Chinese projects, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Galician, Hungarian, Indonesian, Norwegian, Vietnamese. Hope to see you on those projects to push PrestaShop higher and make it available for a largest audience!
A few stats
- 66 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 92,028 words have been translated and 104,148 validated.
- All this in 18 different languages.
Thank you for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and we can’t thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders for March 2018.
Top 10 translators in March:
- | Yosef Esses Cohen (ppesses) | Spanish, Mexico | 21,207
- | Bojan Lazarevski (BoOoX) | Macedonian | 6,065
- | ardee867 | Filipino | 5,846
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 5,384
- | Gitanjaly Sharma (tiktok3) | Hindi | 5,067
- | Leynes Morán (leynesmoran) | Spanish, Venezuela | 5,059
- | Julie Ann (julie26) | Filipino | 4,894
- | Alberto Navarrete (ogsdu) | Spanish, Peru | 4,792
- | M. Mirena (mmirena) | Albanian | 4,128
- | Santiago Medina (Sontiogo) | Spanish, Venezuela | 4,055
Top 10 proofreaders in March:
- | Bojan Lazarevski (BoOoX) | Macedonian | 29,918
- | Yosef Esses Cohen (ppesses) | Spanish, Mexico | 28,970
- | Ardis Markss (ardis.markss) | Latvian | 8,516
- | ardee867 | Filipino | 5,846
- | Julie Ann (julie26) | Filipino | 5,365
- | Bhargav Anadkat (bhargavlalo) | Hindi | 4,459
- | Alberto Navarrete (ogsdu) | Spanish, Peru | 4,230
- | M. Mirena (mmirena) | Albanian | 4,078
- | SeongHyeon Cho (jaymz9634) | Korean | 2,597
- | Erdal Atabalkan (erdalatabalkan) | Turkish | 2,259
Congrats, and welcome to our new top contributors!
Remember, you can see who’s been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully translated languages
At the end of February 2018, PrestaShop 1.6.1 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 27 languages:
| Bulgarian | Croatian | Danish | Dutch | | English | Finnish | French | French, Canada | | German | Greek | Indonesian | Italian | | Lithuanian | Macedonian | Norwegian | Persian | | Polish | Portuguese | Romanian | Russian | | Slovak | Slovene | Spanish | Swedish | | Turkish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese |
For its part, PrestaShop 1.7.3 was fully available in 23 languages!
| Bosnian | Bulgarian | Croatian | Dutch | | English | Finnish | French | French, Canada | | German | Greek | Italian | Latvian | | Macedonian | Persian | Polish | Romanian | | Russian | Slovak | Slovene | Spanish | | Swedish | Turkish | Ukrainian |
Languages with the best evolution
In comparison with February 2018, the following languages had the best progress thanks to the translation community:
- Spanish, Mexico (+55% to reach 95% approved in 1.7)
- Macedonian (+39% to reach 100% approved in 1.7)
- Latvian (+19% to reach 100% approved in 1.7)
Thanks to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it doesn’t mean that the languages that aren’t mentioned here aren’t active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting could be going on, but the percentage of translation wouldn’t be modified (since it’s working on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of these proofreaders! Thank you too!
Languages that need (more) proofreaders
A translated string will not be available in PrestaShop as long as it is not validated. For this reason, it’s important we should keep a good level of validated strings vs. translated strings, to make sure everyone benefits from the latest translations!
At the end of March 2018, some languages would still benefit from some proofreading:
- Filipino (80% translated vs 27% validated in 1.7).
- Chinese Simplified (98% vs 47% in 1.7).
- Spanish, Venezuela (62% vs 32% in 1.7).
- Korean (54% vs 24% in 1.7).
- Galician (86% vs 61% in 1.7).
If you wish to help to proofread what has been translated, please contact us with the language you’d like to proofread. We need your help!
If you haven’t joined us on Crowdin yet, it’s never too late!
If you want to gather your fellow translators to work towards a better harmonization, start a glossary, or anything else, do let us know: we’ll include a word about it in the next monthly report.
Do you have a question, a remark? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. See you next month!