October is now here and Hacktoberfest, a month-long celebration of open source software, has started. We have recently written an article about the event, how you can get involved and all the different rules. You can know more in our Hacktoberfest 2022 article.
In a few words, participation is very simple: people are encouraged to create at least 4 pull requests for open source projects on GitHub.
How to get started
If you are wondering how to get started, we are listing in this blog post issues that could be a good starting point for new contributors.
List of example issues for new contributors:
- Change all self:: by static:: in internal static method calls
- Mail - order summary
- Product settings “show by position in category” does not work on “brands” page
- By default, turn off the ‘Erase previous images’ button when regenerating thumbnails
- Be able to set a value on submit buttons
- Currency sign too close from price on invoice
- Being able to include SVG File from outside the template for themes
- Bad redirection after deleting an element in monitoring page
Contribute to the PrestaShop project
The maintainer team hopes you will help with your contributions during Hacktoberfest. In the documentation, you will find a dedicated page to help you start.
This year’s edition of the event is significantly emphasizing all contributions, whether these are code, low code or even non-code contributions. This being a celebration of open source software, PrestaShop is very proud to participate and to involve the community. Many thanks go to DigitalOcean for sponsoring this year’s event.
Happy contributing everyone!