This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 18th to Sunday 24th of July 2022.
The maintainers team was very busy these last few days because of the major security vulnerability discovered last week. If you haven’t read this article yet, please do it now.
Following the discovery of the vulnerability, PrestaShop version 18.104.22.168 was delivered. It contains a fix that strengthens MySQL Smarty cache storage against code injection attacks.
While the security work on 22.214.171.124 happened, the 8.0.0 Beta release got much closer to delivery, thanks to everyone from the PrestaShop community! Only a few remaining items are left before we can publish and host a Beta testing period.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 29 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 18 issues have been closed, including 7 fixed issues on the core;
- 74 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 60 pull requests have been closed, including 50 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #29092: Remove commented code. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #28865: PrestashopCollection needs a shop restriction. Thank you @lmeyer1
- #28660: Fix exception during profil edition if invalid field given with avatar. Thank you @MeKeyCool
- #27608: Make Shop Parameters > Customer Settings > Customers form multistore compatible. Thank you @micka-fdz
- #27304: Add packed product type. Thank you @Amoifr
- #28947: Fix missing translations on meta pages. Thank you @micka-fdz
- #28814: Call initContent of the parent at the beginning. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #28784: Allow to translate placeholder. Thank you @okom3pom
Code changes in the ‘8.0.x’ branch
- #29069: Fix install theme without hooks. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29067: Fix permissions for read-only user. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29025: Fix module link in adminsearch. Thank you @okom3pom
- #29022: Display an error while the file format does not match the allowed formats. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #29020: Use LegacyModule instance instead of ModuleAdaptater. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #29019: BO - Brands & Suppliers - the red alert “Image format not recognized” is missing the webp. Thank you @okom3pom
Code changes in the ‘1.7.8.x’ branch
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
PrestaShop contributors website
Prestashop UI Kit
Links list module
- #152: Link list IS compatible with multi-store, by @kpodemski
- #151: Bump terser from 4.8.0 to 4.8.1 in /views. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Email Alerts module
Changes in developer documentation sources
- #1423: fix: update XAMPP broken link 1.7.x. Thank you @ga-devfront
- #1422: fix: update XAMPP broken link. Thank you @ga-devfront
- #1420: Change .js by .ts for links. Thank you @okom3pom
- #1419: Fix 404 link. Thank you @okom3pom
- #1418: Fix 404 link and typo. Thank you @okom3pom
- #1417: Fix new hooks link. Thank you @okom3pom
- #1416: Backport of PR1409. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
- #1415: Add blockwishlist to native module. Thank you @okom3pom
- #1414: Add Blockwishlist and remove Welcome. Thank you @okom3pom
- #1413: Update jQuery version. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #1412: Update jQuery version since 126.96.36.199. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #1409: Wrap bash command in bash block. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
Faceted search module
- #688: Bump terser from 5.9.0 to 5.14.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #687: Bump @babel/cli from 7.18.6 to 7.18.9. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #686: Bump @babel/eslint-parser from 7.18.2 to 7.18.9. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #683: Bump @babel/node from 7.18.6 to 7.18.9. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #682: Bump @babel/core from 7.18.6 to 7.18.9. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #681: Bump moment from 2.29.2 to 2.29.4. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #680: Bump eslint from 8.19.0 to 8.20.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Customer reassurance block module
- #425: Bump eslint from 8.19.0 to 8.20.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #424: Bump vue from 2.7.4 to 2.7.7. Built by @dependabot[bot]
The PrestaShop open source project
Wishlist block module
Auto Upgrade module
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @dependabot[bot], @kpodemski, @abramofranchetti, @jolelievre, @ga-devfront, @okom3pom, @leemyongpakvn, @PrestaEdit, @matks, @mparvazi, @FabienPapet, @atomiix, @NeOMakinG, @micka-fdz, @lmeyer1, @eternoendless, @MeKeyCool, @Progi1984, @Amoifr!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!