This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 18th to Sunday 24th of April 2022.
Last week the maintainer team said goodbye to @PierreRambaud who decided to leave the project leving behind a big gap and still sitting at the top of the contributors podium. Thank you for your outstanding work on the project, Pierre!
Work continues on 8.0.0, the next major version, and also on a 184.108.40.206 patch release.
You might notice we have forked the TCPDF repository in order to prepare the compatibility of PrestaShop with PHP8.1. This fork will be used until the upstream repository is compatible with PHP8.1.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 26 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 15 issues have been closed, including 4 fixed issues on the core;
- 41 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 67 pull requests have been closed, including 40 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #28267: Prevent yaml cache folders creation in wrong filesystem path. Thank you @gennaris
- #28244: Change internationalization API urls to i18n.prestashop-project.org, by @eternoendless
- #28237: Wrap PDOException in PrestaShopException to cast the string error code to an int, by @atomiix
- #28194: Remove deprecated method inside OrderPayment class. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #28190: Remove deprecated $bo_show_screencast property. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #26587: Use filename property instead of generating a new filename + remove duplicate code for PDF invoice formatting. Thank you @JoryHogeveen
- #28281: Fix non closing modal after module install, by @sowbiba
- #28223: Fix the load of CSS file to be able to load them with version. Thank you @intraordinaire
- #28166: Set Tax included as default value for amounts in cart rule form. Thank you @lmeyer1
- #28143: Migration - Adds commands for Store delete and bulk delete. Thank you @LouisAUTHIE
- #27328: Handle product tags in v2 page, by @jolelievre
- #25156: Add validator method select on admin controller. Thank you @ytilotti
- #28298: Functional tests - Fix nightly 20-04-2022 and 19-04-2022. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #28262: Functional tests - Refacto ‘Sort orders table’ test. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #28252: Functional tests - Refacto ‘Pagination and sort categories’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
Code changes in the ‘1.7.8.x’ branch
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
- #233: Fix back button text for addresses step. Thank you @mparvazi
- #231: Add initVisiblePassword. Thank you @mparvazi
- #230: Fix save button text in personal information form. Thank you @mparvazi
- #229: Fix bugs for icon mirroring in RTL. Thank you @mparvazi
- #228: Change ps_mainmenu to make it work dropdowns. Thank you @rodriciru
- #227: Add useAlert doc and update useProgressRing, by @NeOMakinG
- #222: Fix: language and currency selectors, checkout js bugs and improvements, by @NeOMakinG
Wire payment module
Auto Upgrade module
- #478: Bump ansi-regex from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 in /tests/e2e. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #477: Bump minimist from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6 in /tests/e2e. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #474: State field will be longer from 220.127.116.11, not .4, by @kpodemski
Customer reassurance block module
Faceted search module
- #334: Migration -> Add 410 gone page for redirection. Thank you @MatShir
- #316: Updates specs from PR 27233. Thank you @MatShir
The PrestaShop open source project
- #93: Remove PierreRambaud from maintainers, by @PierreRambaud
- #90: Clarify scoped maintainers rights, by @matks
- #83: Rewrite reviewing pull requests guide, by @eternoendless
Webservices PHP Client
Changes in developer documentation sources
- #174: Fix anonymous user if it’s already in database, by @PierreRambaud
- #172: Release 1.4.2, by @PierreRambaud
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @mparvazi, @atomiix, @dependabot[bot], @nesrineabdmouleh, @rodriciru, @MatShir, @PierreRambaud, @sowbiba, @RubenMartins, @matks, @JoseNOM, @gennaris, @NeOMakinG, @eternoendless, @intraordinaire, @kpodemski, @PrestaEdit, @lmeyer1, @LouisAUTHIE, @jolelievre, @JoryHogeveen, @ytilotti!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!